Friday, July 24, 2009

Do state and federal cuts hurt my child's educational future?

When you hear about states issuing I.O.U.s to employees and states borrowing moneys from local government, you've got to wonder how your child's schools are going to deal with the budget deficit. As your child's only true advocate, you need to get involved. How? Call your school's principal and set up a meeting to discuss on what areas the school plans to cut back. If these budget cuts will directly affect your child, take action. Don't sit back and complain about these changes, you can ensure that your child gets an excellent education, even in tough economic times.

If your child will benefit from an enrichment program that builds reading, writing, math, science or foreign language skills, then set one up! You don't need to pay high costs for tutoring or expensive programs, set it up for your child, right in your home. I did just that for my daughters and they're now at Stanford Medical School and Claremont McKenna College! Use Merit Academy's Preschool or Elementary School Curriculum and set up an after-school program. That way, you don't have to worry that your school or teachers aren't teaching specific concepts. Just have your own teacher work with your children at home.

You can set up this program just the way I did. Read about how I set up the most amazing preschool for my children, right in my home, and I didn't have to pay a penny for it! I even wrote a book to show other moms, just like you, how to do it. Check out "The Working Mother's Guide to FREE Child Care in Your Home!". By using Merit's curriculum and this book, you'll be able to set up the perfect program for your children.

Besides giving your child a first-class education, you'll also receive extra benefits from your teacher like preparing dinner, doing laundry, and running errands. I did this for 9 years and all of my friends thought I was a millionaire! Don't let state or federal budget cuts hurt your child's chances of getting a solid education! Start your own program now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think

Blog Widget by LinkWithin